Energetics Institute offers an effective therapy process for clients in Perth who suffer from Panic Attacks.
A panic attack is a process where your body and mind go into a fear-based state as you detect any imminent threat. If you suffer from panic attacks you may exhibit visible signs, which create shame if you experience an attack in public. You withdrawn socially or you avoid environments and objects, including people, who trigger your panic attacks.
What Is A Panic Attack
The threat is normally experienced through your senses and causes a series of chain reactions. The perceived or anticipated threat triggers a fight-or-flight response in which you go into freeze or flight mode. You exhibit a sudden onset of fear based symptoms in your body and mind.
The trigger is irrational as the fear is not objectively real and the felt effect is amplified and debilitating. You typically feel immobilised or go hysterical.
What Are The Symptoms of Panic Attacks
The symptoms of a panic attack are numerous and show up in your body and mind. Here are some of the most common symptoms produced in your body:
- Racing heart beat
- Hyper-tension in your muscles or extreme flaccidity or weakness
- Hyper-vigilance of your senses
- Elevated blood pressure and shallower breathing
- Trembling or twitching or shaking
- Dry throat
- Loss of voice
- Loss of motor function control in your body
Your mind will race, become disorganised, fear annihilation, injury or death, or some catastrophic outcome. Your thinking will focus on safety making and the impending doom, rationality and logic do not function in this mindset.
What Causes Panic Attacks
Here are some background factors that may influence or create the basis for you to experience panic attacks:
- Prior history of sexual or physical abuse
- Frequent or repeated neglect or abandonment
- An exposure to an unsafe object or environment
- Parent who modelled panic to you as a child (possibly had anxiety or panic attack history)
- Environment of continual worry about jobs, money, day-to-day resources and outcomes
- Negative bias or anticipation toward future and future events
- Trauma events in your life such as severe illness, death, bankruptcy, divorce, early death, or accidents
- Family or extended family toxicity including violence, addictions, chaos or neglect
- Severe shame
- Religions that use threats and shame based beliefs to control followers
- Made to hold secrets at a young age
- Having to grow up too soon and do adult tasks as a child
- Constant shifting of home or school where new friendships and stability had to be re-established
- Bullied at home or at school
How Can Psychotherapy & Counselling Help Prevent Panic Attacks
Energetics Institute therapists in Perth can offer you a comprehensive treatment for your Panic Attacks and Panic Disorders.
Our Psychotherapy and Counselling can assist you to understand the nature and origin of your triggers. We teach you how to track the triggering process in your body and mind and self-regulate your arousal process. Your mind and emotions become calm which prevents a panic attack happening.
Our objective is to heal your traumas and eliminate the triggers that initiate your panic attacks. We help you establish a consciousness that helps you feel safe and OK in the world on a moment-to-moment basis.