Panic Attacks Treatment Perth
Energetics Institute offers an effective therapy process for clients in Perth who suffer from Panic Attacks. Panic attacks are very debilitating and affect the ability of sufferers to function when under the panic attack episode.
Panic attacks are a process where the bodymind is triggered into a fear based defence of freeze or flight that generates numerous symptoms based on anxiety that may cripples you in that moment. If you suffer from a panic attack you may exhibit visible signs and so panic attacks may create shame if you experience an attack in public. For that reason you may tend to become withdrawn socially, and avoidant of environments and objects, including people, who seem to trigger your panic attacks.
What Is A Panic Attack
A panic attack is the process of nervous system arousal triggered by your brain as you detect through your senses, or anticipate an imminent threat of, some object or environment that you subconsciously view as a threat. This perceived or anticipated threat triggers a fight-or-flight response in which you go into freeze or flight mode and exhibit a sudden onset of fear and anxiety based symptoms in your bodymind,
The trigger is irrational as the fear is not objectively real and the felt effect is amplified and debilitating such that you are typically rendered immobilised or hysterical.
What Are The Symptoms of Panic Attacks
The symptoms of a panic attack are numerous and show up in your body and mind. The release of various bio-chemicals from your HPA Axis of survival response glands will produce symptoms such as:
- Racing heart beat
- Hyper-tension in the muscles or extreme flaccidity or weakness
- Hyper-vigilance of the senses
- Elevated blood pressure and shallower breathing
- Trembling or twitching or shaking
- Dry throat
- Loss of voice
- Loss of motor function control in the body
Your mind will race, become disorganised, fear annihilation, injury or death, or some catastrophic outcome. Your thinking will focus on safety making and the impending doom and rationality and logic do not function in this mindset.
What Causes Panic attacks
Case histories of clients with panic attacks reveal that some background factors may influence or create the basis for a person to experience panic attacks or panic attacks later in life. These factors include:
- Prior history of sexual or physical abuse
- Prior history of living in unsafe environments
- Frequent or repeated neglect or abandonment
- One major traumatic incident of neglect, abandonment or exposure to an unsafe object or environment
- Parent or authority figure who mirrored or modelled panic to child (possibly had anxiety or panic attack history)
- Environment of continual worry about jobs, money, stability, day-to-day resources and outcomes
- Negative bias or anticipation toward future and future events
- Trauma events in own life or family life such as severe illness, death, bankruptcy, divorce, early death, accident with injury etc.
- Family or extended family toxicity including violence, addictions, chaos or neglect
- Severe shame
- Blaming belief systems such as religions that use threats and shame based beliefs to control followers
- Made to hold secrets at young age that were not allowed to be shared or discussed
- Having to grow up too soon and attempt to do adult tasks as a child without understanding, training, support or capabilities
- Constant shifting of home or school where new friendships and stability had to be secured each time
- Bullied at home or at school
How Can Psychotherapy & Counselling Help Prevent Panic Attacks
Energetics Institute offers Perth and internet clients a comprehensive treatment for Panic Attacks and Panic Disorders. Some panic attacks may have a physical related trigger and studies have emerged that show gut health may be part of what contributes to some panic attacks.
Psychotherapy and counselling work to understand whether in your history there are any of the possible conditions, dynamics, events and traumas that might create the triggers for the onset of panic attacks. The panic attack arousal process has a mind and body component so we educate, examine and target both in our work with panic attack clients.
Normally we can assist you to understand the nature of your triggers, their origin, formation, and how to track the triggering process in your body and mind before the arousal overtakes you.
We teach you how to self-regulate your bodily arousal process, and calm your mind and emotions so the panic attack is arrested before it takes hold.
The longer term strategy is to heal the traumas, eliminate the triggers that initiate your panic attacks. We help you establish a consciousness that feels safe and OK in the world on a moment-to-moment basis.