Certain emotions such as anger may underlay a person who presents with Anxiety. Additionally, some people find it hard to express a strong healthy “NO” and have issues with setting healthy boundaries. A healthy “NO” is often that which prevents us get caught in others problems, issues and assists us to set boundaries with others.
Often an adjustment to diet needs to be addressed with someone who has Anxiety. A regular exercise and bed schedule is also needed in recovery. Building resilience is an important resourcing tool for Anxiety treatment and therapy.
Natural Treatment Options For Anxiety Include
- Abdominal breathing
- Walk or spend time in nature
- Regular exercise
- Yoga and Meditation
- Reduce caffeine and alcohol consumption
- Naturopathic Support
- Soft grounding by soft movement of body in time and space, e.g. Tai Chi
- Practice Mindfulness
- Play and fun based activities
- Practice tolerance of stillness and quiet
- Less TV, social media, internet and gaming devices
- Abandon demand for recreational performance
- Give permission for emotions and feelings and not just thinking
- Counting for relaxation
- Create safe, predictable environments at home
- Create safe adult relationships
- Listen to soft music
- Draw and paint for expression
- Develop a spiritual practice
These techniques may be beneficial if used regularly. If they do not significantly improve your anxiety, then we recommend you seek additional advice and guidance of an experienced body mind therapist in Perth who practices our form of Anxiety Therapy.